Jarte

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

If any of you use Jarte, a free Microsoft word replacement, and use jaws with it I can get it to open files but jaws isn't reading anything automatically. I have to arrow to a line and then do the say line command.

It was working before I had to have windows 10 reinstalled a couple of weeks ago and when I reinstalled it I upgraded from Jarte 5.4 to Jarte 6.2, does anybody know what I can do to make it read automatically? I've even cycled through the jaws options with insert-s and that hasn't helped.

One of the files I'm trying to read was apparently originally created with Word-97 and I had to install something to even make the file open, so if anybody does use this program and can tell me how to save it so that it might read easier that's okay too. I'm actually having trouble with 2 files, both are dot doc files.

Thanks in advance.

Troy