Re: Jarte

Dave

Hello Troy,

I use Jarte all the time.  I do own MS Word 2019 but I hate it, and use
Jarte instead.

I am not going to be much in the way of Help for you though.  I still
have some of the same issues with Jaws as you do.

I have Jarte and Jaws installed on two machines and Jaws and Jarte work
fine on one, but not on the other.

I did call JAWS for Tech Help but they told me they couldn't help me as
Jarte is not a program they recognize as working with JAWS.

Thought this was a bit lame, but what could I say?

So, I started using NVDA with Jarte and it works very well together.

I started having problems with JAWS reading EXCEL Work Sheets correctly,
and I switched over to using NVDA, which works fine.

I now use JAWS once in a while, but mostly use NVDA for almost
everything including the Internet.

Jarte does have a Screen Reader mode, and at the start of Jarte, mine
will say, Screen Reader Mode.

Does yours say this?  And if so, Jaws still will not read anything?

Try NVDA with Jarte, and if NVDA reads well, then at least you know the
problem is in JAWS and not Jarte.

I've attempted to do just about everything to get Jaws to read Jarte
screens, so far no success.

Other than erasing Jaws and reinstalling, am not sure what to do at this
point.  So I use NVDA till I find a solution.

Grumpy Dave

On 3/2/2021 1:54 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

If any of you use Jarte, a free Microsoft word replacement, and use
jaws with it I can get it to open files but jaws isn't reading
anything automatically. I have to arrow to a line and then do the say
line command.

It was working before I had to have windows 10 reinstalled a couple of
weeks ago and when I reinstalled it I upgraded from Jarte 5.4 to Jarte
6.2, does anybody know what I can do to make it read automatically?
I've even cycled through the jaws options with insert-s and that
hasn't helped.

One of the files I'm trying to read was apparently originally created
with Word-97 and I had to install something to even make the file
open, so if anybody does use this program and can tell me how to save
it so that it might read easier that's okay too. I'm actually having
trouble with 2 files, both are dot doc files.

Thanks in advance.

Troy