Re: Jarte

Troy Burnham

I uninstalled and reinstalled jarte and copied the phrase from below, and I even pasted it into notepad to make sure there were no extra spaces and yet when I copied it back to my clipboard and tried to open one of the documents I still have to give the say line command before jaws reads it and I never had to before. The only difference that I know of is that I was using jarte 5.4 before and now I'm using jarte 6.2, but I don't have the older version anymore.

Troy

On 3/2/2021 4:00 PM, Andy wrote:

Here's how to enable and disable screen reader mode with Jart. URL is first then the steps.:

https://www.jarte.com/help_new/screen_reader_mode.html

Jarte will only enter screen reader mode if a recognized screen reader is running. Jarte's title bar will display the phrase "screen reader mode" when
Jarte is running in screen reader mode.

If Jarte does not recognize your screen reader program then you can force Jarte to switch to screen reader mode by copying the phrase "enable screen reader
mode" to the Windows clipboard before starting Jarte. This only needs to be done one time.

Note to JAWS users: Jarte is currently unable to recognize the presence of the JAWS screen reader. If you are using JAWS then you will need to use the
method described in the preceeding paragraph to force Jarte into screen reader mode.

If Jarte is running in screen reader mode, but it should not be, then you can turn off screen reader mode by copying the phrase "disable screen reader
mode" to the Windows clipboard and then restarting Jarte. This only needs to be done one time.