Re: Jarte

Troy Burnham

Thanks Gene, I'll just ask my friend that I originally got Jarte from if he still has that version.

Troy

On 3/2/2021 7:44 PM, Gene wrote:
I found sites with old versions but I don't know if the sites are safe. Someone may put up an older one.  I have an old one but I think it is much older and you may not want one this old.  its on another machine so I can't check the version.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Troy Burnham
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2021 7:29 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Jarte

I uninstalled and reinstalled jarte and copied the phrase from below,
and I even pasted it into notepad to make sure there were no extra
spaces and yet when I copied it back to my clipboard and tried to open
one of the documents I still have to give the say line command before
jaws reads it and I never had to before. The only difference that I know
of is that I was using jarte 5.4 before and now I'm using jarte 6.2, but
I don't have the older version anymore.

Troy

On 3/2/2021 4:00 PM, Andy wrote:

Here's how to enable and disable screen reader mode with Jart. URL is first then the steps.:

https://www.jarte.com/help_new/screen_reader_mode.html

Jarte will only enter screen reader mode if a recognized screen reader is running. Jarte's title bar will display the phrase "screen reader mode" when
Jarte is running in screen reader mode.

If Jarte does not recognize your screen reader program then you can force Jarte to switch to screen reader mode by copying the phrase "enable screen reader
mode" to the Windows clipboard before starting Jarte. This only needs to be done one time.

Note to JAWS users: Jarte is currently unable to recognize the presence of the JAWS screen reader. If you are using JAWS then you will need to use the
method described in the preceeding paragraph to force Jarte into screen reader mode.

If Jarte is running in screen reader mode, but it should not be, then you can turn off screen reader mode by copying the phrase "disable screen reader
mode" to the Windows clipboard and then restarting Jarte. This only needs to be done one time.