From: Mike B
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2021 3:59 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] iCloud Account and Setting It Up With IMAP

Hi All,

I'm running an SE 2020 iPhone with iOS14.4.  I finally got an iCloud email account established but, I would like to be able to access it using an IMAP account from my Windows PC's and my email client.

From my various searches I found I need to do the following:
Since 2017, you need to enable two-step authentication for your iCloud account and create an application-specific password
 to use with IMAP.

I do have 2-step authentication enabled on my iPhone but, do I need to do this with my iCloud email account as well?

Also, how do I go about creating an application-specific password for an IMAP account and my email client?
All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.