Re: Acrobat Reader DC

Allen West

Thanks for this. It should have that easy. I had to go into the
Control Panel on both computers and Enter on the Default Apps link and
Enter on Change Account Types, select Adobe Acrobat and Shift F10 on
it. Then I had to select Change and run a repair. After that, I was
able to perform the steps you posted.

Allen

On 3/5/21, Steve Matzura <number6@noisynotes.com> wrote:
Windows updates tend to change things. To change it back, do the following:

1. Find a PDF with File Explorer.

2. Open the Properties sheet for the PDF you found by pressing ALT+ENTER.

3. Tab to the "Change" button, or press its shortcut, ALT+C.

4. Use the Up and Down Arrow keys to find Adobe Acrobat Reader DC in the
list of applications for opening Portable Document Format files.

5. Tab to and activate the OK button.

6. Tab to and activate the Apply button, or press its shortcut key,
ALT+A. NOTE: If no change was made in Step 4, the Apply button will
either be grayed, dimmed, or just plain not on the screen. Don't worry
if you can't find it, and if you press ALT+A and it isn't there, nothing
will happen.

7. Press ENTER to close the Properties sheet dialog.

All done.

On 3/5/2021 9:18 AM, Allen West wrote:
Hi,

I have always been able to make Acrobat Reader DC the default for
opening PDF's. In the past week, I have tried to make this change on
two computers. The default is MS Edge. Has something changed?
I'm trying to help two friends. If you know, please let me know.

Thanks

Alllen