Re: having trouble joining nexrtdoor.com

Jaffar Sidek

I am extensively an Opera browser user, and I've  never had any trouble going through the "i'm not a robot" checkbox on any website.  Cheers!

On 7/3/2021 7:18 pm, Gerald Levy via groups.io wrote:
> > > Gene, because you, by your own admission, do not use Google Chrome, > your analysis is not accurate. Using Chrome, whenever I have > encountered an "I am not a robot" check box and checked it, I have > always been able to bypass visual captchas and audio challenges. But > the same may not be true of other Chromium based browsers like Brave > and Edge, because they are rivals to Chrome and so have not received > authorization from Google to bypass captchas with its proprietary > recaptcha system. I suspect that Chrome, unlike other browsers, may > recognize that the user is using a screen reader and so bypasses the > captcha step to make the process accessible to the blind and hearing > impaired. > > > Gerald > > > > On 3/6/2021 7:35 PM, Gene wrote: >> The check box is intended to show the captcha that the person using >> it isn't a robot. the captcha analyzes the way the mouse moves on >> the page and infers whether the person is a human. If that >> inference indicates the user isn't a human, or may not be, a visual >> captcha is presented to the sighted user and a blind user can get >> an audio captcha. >> >> At times those working from the keyboard are approved without a >> captcha. At times they aren't. I don't know if I believe the >> captcha can tell to an extent if someone is using a keyboard and >> infer whether the user is a human but it isn't nearly as accurate. >> >> If only a checkbox were used without the analysis I described, then >> a machine would be able to check the checkbox and the captcha would >> be worthless. >> >> Gene -----Original Message----- From: John Holcomb II Sent: >> Saturday, March 06, 2021 6:23 PM To: main@TechTalk.groups.io >> Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having trouble joining nexrtdoor.com >> >> But the checkbox verifies that he's not a robot. In other words >> solves the capcha. John >> >> >> -----Original Message----- From: main@TechTalk.groups.io >> <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene Sent: Saturday, March >> 06, 2021 7:04 PM To: main@TechTalk.groups.io Subject: Re: >> [TechTalk] having trouble joining nexrtdoor.com >> >> You don't bypass the captcha. You may be approved or you may have >> to solve an audio captcha. Either may happen after you check the >> check box. You should be able to use the check box with other >> browsers as well. I don't think it works with Internet Explorer. >> >> -----Original Message----- From: John Holcomb II Sent: Saturday, >> March 06, 2021 5:54 PM To: main@TechTalk.groups.io Subject: Re: >> [TechTalk] having trouble joining nexrtdoor.com >> >> >> >> Or a Chromium based browser (such as Microsoft Edge.) >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf >> Of Gerald Levy via groups.io Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2021 4:22 >> PM To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.