Re: Youtube TV question

Rick Alfaro

Hi, does YouTube TV support audio description when available?

Warmest regards

Rick Alfaro

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: Monday, March 8, 2021 2:44 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Youtube TV question

I can see it on my version of Apple TV.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Johnson
Sent: Monday, March 8, 2021 2:21 PM

Thanks Michael.  I’m going to give it a try with Apple TV.  Are you able to read what is playing on each channel?  My wife won’t even consider dealing with it if she can only hear channel names spoken.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: Monday, March 8, 2021 10:56 AM

Hi there. I use Youtube TV on both my iPhone and my Apple TV, and I am happy with it. It works very well on the iPhone, and fairly well on the Apple TV as well. You will enjoy the experience I think.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Johnson
Sent: Monday, March 8, 2021 1:43 PM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Youtube TV question

Good day folks.  My wife and I would like to divorce Xfinity cable.  My in-laws who are sighted have Youtube TV, and it seems to have every channel that we like.  Is there an accessible configuration that I could try that would allow us to read the channel names as well as the guide on Youtube TV?  Would an Amazon Fire TV box with the Youtube TV app installed speak the channel names as well as the guide which tells us what is on?  Do you folks know of a smart TV with voice guidance that would read everything that the Youtube TV app shows on the screen?  We really want Youtube TV, and we need voice guidance to help us navigate and figure out what is showing.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.