Re: Odd Issue With VoiceOver On iPhone SE 2020

Hello,
You could try turning your phone completely off and then back on again. I’m guessing it is just being temperamental.
Hope this helps,

Ashley

On Mar 11, 2021, at 11:37 PM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com> wrote:

Hi Group,

I am not sure just how this happened, but it began after I listened to a TV stream through a Blue Tooth Speaker and after I turned the speaker off while it was connected to the iPhone.

What happens now is that VoiceOver will not speak on the home screen or in any apps. When I tell Siri to turn VoiceOver on, Siri says: 'VoiceOver is already on.' At that point using standard navigation gesture, VoiceOver works on the Siri listen screen and if I move to the status bar, it reads the status bar items with standard navigation gestures. But if I then try to press the home key which usually takes me to the first page of apps or back to wherever I was before invoking Siri, speech stops completely.

I never heard anything like this before. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how is it rectified? Thanks in advance for any help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"