Re: Odd Issue With VoiceOver On iPhone SE 2020

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

Originally, I had tried turning the phone on and off, but it did not work.  I was using the Tribbit Blue tooth Smart Speaker.  I resolved the issue itself by telling Siri to turn on VoiceOver and then turning on the speaker.  VoiceOver came clearly through the speaker in all aspects.  then I turned off the speaker and everything returned to normal. It is as if the iPhone was in some sort of search mode for the Tribbit and it had to sync up again in order to fully disconnect. that's just my guess, but all seems well now.  I tried turning the system on and off and the speaker on and off and connecting and reconnecting with no problem: go figure. Maybe it was a fluke of some sort and won't happen again; or maybe if it does, at least I'll know how to deal with it--weird beasts these new fangled electronics!

On 3/12/2021 7:17 AM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
Hello,
You could try turning your phone completely off and then back on again. I’m guessing it is just being temperamental.
Hope this helps,

Ashley

On Mar 11, 2021, at 11:37 PM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com> wrote:

Hi Group,

I am not sure just how this happened, but it began after I listened to a TV stream through a Blue Tooth Speaker and after I turned the speaker off while it was connected to the iPhone.

What happens now is that VoiceOver will not speak on the home screen or in any apps. When I tell Siri to turn VoiceOver on, Siri says: 'VoiceOver is already on.' At that point using standard navigation gesture, VoiceOver works on the Siri listen screen and if I move to the status bar, it reads the status bar items with standard navigation gestures. But if I then try to press the home key which usually takes me to the first page of apps or back to wherever I was before invoking Siri, speech stops completely.

I never heard anything like this before. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how is it rectified? Thanks in advance for any help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"