Re: Odd Issue With VoiceOver On iPhone SE 2020

Mike B.

We had the same problem but, this is with my wife's phone being connected to the car's blutooth.  When connected to blutooth Siri will not read out / give
audio directions when you ask her for driving directions.

What happens is that the phone switches to the car stereo in the audio destination of Control Center and the audio destination option can't be accessed
unless the phone is playing something.  But, when the phone is playing something from a source other than  the iPhone option Voiceover can't be heard.

The only way the sound can be switched back to play through the iPhone is by someone sighted since Voiceover can't be heard while the sounds are assigned
to play through the car stereo, speaker or whatever the hell else it'll play through other than the iPhone.

Our solution is for my wife to turn off the iPhone's bluetooth if she's going to ask for driving directions when I'm not with her.  When I'm with her we
just use my iPhone since I don't have it connect to our vehicles bluetooth systems.

We spent an hour and a half with Apple accessibility over this the other day and they were perplexed as we were as why the iPhone now does this when it
didn't before.  We don't know which update in the iOS 14... screwed things up but, it most certainly did!  When I pointed out to the Apple accessibility
person what a safety hazard this is, people having to take their eyes off the road to look at the map on the damn Iphone, that's when she really started
seeing our point, especially when I told her if someone sues Apple because they had to take their eyes off the road to look at the phone.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.