Re: Odd Issue With VoiceOver On iPhone SE 2020

Mike B.

We had the same problem but, this is with my wife's phone being connected to the car's blutooth.  When connected to blutooth Siri will not read out / give
audio directions when you ask her for driving directions.

What happens is that the phone switches to the car stereo in the audio destination of Control Center and the audio destination option can't be accessed
unless the phone is playing something.  But, when the phone is playing something from a source other than  the iPhone option Voiceover can't be heard.

The only way the sound can be switched back to play through the iPhone is by someone sighted since Voiceover can't be heard while the sounds are assigned
to play through the car stereo, speaker or whatever the hell else it'll play through other than the iPhone.

Our solution is for my wife to turn off the iPhone's bluetooth if she's going to ask for driving directions when I'm not with her.  When I'm with her we
just use my iPhone since I don't have it connect to our vehicles bluetooth systems.

We spent an hour and a half with Apple accessibility over this the other day and they were perplexed as we were as why the iPhone now does this when it
didn't before.  We don't know which update in the iOS 14... screwed things up but, it most certainly did!  When I pointed out to the Apple accessibility
person what a safety hazard this is, people having to take their eyes off the road to look at the map on the damn Iphone, that's when she really started
seeing our point, especially when I told her if someone sues Apple because they had to take their eyes off the road to look at the phone.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2021 6:25 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Odd Issue With VoiceOver On iPhone SE 2020

Hi Group,

Originally, I had tried turning the phone on and off, but it did not
work. I was using the Tribbit Blue tooth Smart Speaker. I resolved the
issue itself by telling Siri to turn on VoiceOver and then turning on
the speaker. VoiceOver came clearly through the speaker in all
aspects. then I turned off the speaker and everything returned to
normal. It is as if the iPhone was in some sort of search mode for the
Tribbit and it had to sync up again in order to fully disconnect. that's
just my guess, but all seems well now. I tried turning the system on
and off and the speaker on and off and connecting and reconnecting with
no problem: go figure. Maybe it was a fluke of some sort and won't
happen again; or maybe if it does, at least I'll know how to deal with
it--weird beasts these new fangled electronics!

On 3/12/2021 7:17 AM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
> Hello,
> You could try turning your phone completely off and then back on again. I’m guessing it is just being temperamental.
> Hope this helps,
>
> Ashley
>
>> On Mar 11, 2021, at 11:37 PM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Group,
>>
>> I am not sure just how this happened, but it began after I listened to a TV stream through a Blue Tooth Speaker and after I turned the speaker off while it was connected to the iPhone.
>>
>> What happens now is that VoiceOver will not speak on the home screen or in any apps. When I tell Siri to turn VoiceOver on, Siri says: 'VoiceOver is already on.'  At that point using standard navigation gesture, VoiceOver works on the Siri listen screen and if I move to the status bar, it reads the status bar items with  standard navigation gestures.  But if I then try to press the home key which usually takes me to the first page of apps or back to wherever I was before invoking Siri, speech stops completely.
>>
>> I never heard anything like this before. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how is it rectified?  Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>> --
>> They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
>> They ask: "How Happy are You?"
>> I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.