Re: going into the bios

Madison Martin

That didn't work

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bharat
Sent: March 13, 2021 4:09 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] going into the bios

In order to block function keys acting as special keys, please press key combination of function key+Escape. You can reenable them using the same combination. you don't need to go to bbiosto disable these keys.

Do let me know if it worked for you.

Thank you,

bharat.

On 3/13/21, Madison Martin <madisonmartin463@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me, is it possible for a totally blind person to
access the bios on a computer? If so, how do I do this? My laptop's
keyboard got replaced today (the down arrow key broke) and somehow my
function keys got inabled when they'd previously been disabled. I know
we could just take it back and have them disable them, but they're
closed until Monday and I'd like it fixed ASAP.
My
laptop is a Lenovo Thinkbook 13. I'm running the latest Jaws and
Windows 10.
Thanks for any help,
Madison