Re: Quick setting for Outlook with NVDA?

Quentin Christensen

Hi Marie,

You can create "Configuration Profiles" for individual programs in NVDA, yes.

1. Make sure you are in Outlook (or whichever program you want to set a profile for)
2. Press NVDA+control+p to open the dialog (the NVDA key is either INSERT or CAPS LOCK)
3. Press alt+n for new
4. Leave the name and press TAB once to move to "use profile for".
5. Press the right arrow once to "Current application (Outlook)" (The "Outlook" part will change depending on the program you are in).
6. press ENTER.

Now any changes you make to NVDA settings while the current program is running will be saved in that profile rather than the general (Normal) profile.

As a user familiar with Jaws, you might also find the "Switching from Jaws to NVDA guide useful: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/SwitchingFromJawsToNVDA - it covers setting application specific profiles as well as other features.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 5:58 AM Marie Nelson <scribbles.mn@...> wrote:

Is there a way to do setting for individual apps like with Jaws?

I want NVDA to automatically read the next message after deleting one. Right now, it opens the message but I have to prompt it to begin reading.

Thanks, Marie

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager