Re: Amazon Alexa Question

Howard Traxler

Referring to the Amazon Echo Dot:  I think there are volume control buttons on the top surface of the device?  There are only four buttons; can someone please describe the function of each of them? Thank you.

Howard

On 3/16/2021 4:09 AM, Shelly Kane wrote:
Ron:

Thank you so much.  I greatly appreciate your help.  Alexa is working again and she is back to full volume.  I tried when this happened to tell her to turn up the volume and she wouldn't and then Ashley told me to try volume five but that didn't work.  Now I know just to say volume up or down.  I thought she was broken. She is used for quite a bit around here.  Thanks to everyone who responded.

Shelly

On 3/15/2021 11:42 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hello:

The proper command is:
Alexa: Volume UP.

Repeat this until the volume is at your desired level.

Similarly for lowering the volume say:
Alexa: volume down until you reach the desired level.

On 3/15/2021 5:31 AM, Shelly Kane wrote:
Ashley:

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work.  I said Alexa, volume five and nothing happens.  After that, I ask her a question and she still sounds muffled.

Shelly

On 3/14/2021 1:40 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
Hello,
Try telling her volume five. Then double check to see if it’s still sounds staticky . It  sounds like your volume might just be low.
Hope this helps,

Ashley

On Mar 14, 2021, at 3:05 PM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@gmail.com> wrote:

        Hi Group:

I have been using the echo dot for almost 4 years and have never had any problems.  Since yesterday, I have noticed that Alexa sounds lower than usual and a bit staticky at times.  I didn't do anything differently and we unplugged her and then plugged it back in and that didn't work.  Has anyone else had a problem like this?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I use it quite a bit and hope that I don't need a new one.

Shelly