Re: Help setting up NVDA

Beth

Hmmm, that's a hard one. You may want to consider purchasing a multimedia desktop keyboard with an insert key. And before you act on anything, consider that the keyboard is less than twenty bucks at a brick and mortar store, so I'd go for that. Plus then, set it up that way, or you can try using the multimedia keyboard. As far as using a builtin keyboard, I'd try locating all the keys with input help With Narrator input help you can locate a key. Idk what your exact setup looks like, but I happen to have an Asus DB550 series laptop. And yes, it has an insert key. Glad you have Win10.
Beth
Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
On 9/2/2015 8:06 PM, Marie wrote:

I have a new Asus laptop which I have updated to Windows 10, (which I am getting along with quite easily.) I just installed the latest version of NVDA and here is my problem. There is no insert key on the laptop and I do not know if there is a function key combination which will invoke that keystroke. So is there any way to get into the Settings so I can designate the Caps Lock as the NVDA key? It is kind of a catch 22 situation at the moment.Can anyone suggest a solution? I can’t get into the settings with no insert key and no way to set up the caps lock!!
Marie