Gene:

Yes, everything seems to be back to normal and the voice isn't low or muffled anymore and there is no static from what I can tell.  Thank you all again for your help.  It is greatly appreciated.

Shelly

On 3/16/2021 4:34 AM, Gene wrote:
Maybe that unit doesn't follow the number commands.  It sounds as though its working properly again and that's good.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Shelly Kane
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 4:17 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Amazon Alexa Question

Gene:

I did as Ron suggested and said volume up and it seems to be fine.  I
have tried playing music on there and there is no problem.  Maybe the
muffled sound was because it was so low and we couldn't hear it. I will
have to play with it more to see if I notice any static.

Shelly

On 3/15/2021 3:16 PM, Gene wrote:
But this appears to be two problems, that the volume is lower thanit should be and that the sound is muffled.

That being the case, and since suggestions haven't helped either problem, my question is how other audio sounds.  If you play music, does it sound muffled and is the volume low?  Do you have more than one unit and is this problem limited to one unit or common to all?  When problems occur, the possibility that there is something wrong with a unit itself shouldn't be forgotten or overlooked when the kinds of settings or software suggestions don't help.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Ron Canazzi
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2021 12:42 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hello:

The proper command is:
Alexa: Volume UP.

Repeat this until the volume is at your desired level.

Similarly for lowering the volume say:
Alexa: volume down until you reach the desired level.

On 3/15/2021 5:31 AM, Shelly Kane wrote:
Ashley:

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work.  I said Alexa, volume five and nothing happens.  After that, I ask her a question and she still sounds muffled.

Shelly

On 3/14/2021 1:40 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
Hello,
Try telling her volume five. Then double check to see if it’s still sounds staticky . It  sounds like your volume might just be low.
Hope this helps,

Ashley

On Mar 14, 2021, at 3:05 PM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@gmail.com> wrote:

        Hi Group:

I have been using the echo dot for almost 4 years and have never had any problems.  Since yesterday, I have noticed that Alexa sounds lower than usual and a bit staticky at times.  I didn't do anything differently and we unplugged her and then plugged it back in and that didn't work.  Has anyone else had a problem like this?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I use it quite a bit and hope that I don't need a new one.

Shelly