Re: Reading Some Combo Boxes

Ron Canazzi

Hi Rich,

I almost never have issues with combo boxes (or maybe they're so inaccessible that I don't realize they are combo boxes.)  Can you give a web page with such an example?  Thanks much.

On 3/18/2021 5:54 PM, Rich DeSteno wrote:
Some combo boxes are easily opened and read by screen-readers, including NVDA and Jaws.  However, there are other combo boxes that are apparently not at all accessible.  When I encounter these, I hear the label "combo", but cannot hear the options when opened.  The options are easily seen and reviewed by a sighted user.  Is there any solution to reading these types of combo boxes, short of having a sighted person read them to you?
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"