Re: Printer Sharing On A Network

Ron Canazzi

You wrote:
<

Do you have the other two no printer is plugged in with a cat five cable to your network?>

I am not sure what you are saying.

I have the printer plugged into one computer with a standard USB connector.  It works fine on that computer.  All three computers are connected to a network via a router. I thought you could do this and have access to the printer on the other two computers via the router based network when file and printer sharing on the network is turned on.  Is this not true?  What else do you need to do?

On 3/20/2021 5:05 PM, gbmagoo@gmail.com wrote:
Do you have the other two no printer is plugged in with a cat five cable to your network?
On Mar 20, 2021, at 13:58, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com> wrote:

Hi Group,

I bought a printer a few months ago and connected it via cable to one of three computers in my netwowrk. I made sure that printer and file sharing were enabled across all three computers. However, when I try printing on the other two systems that are not directly connected to the printer, the printer does not show up under print options within programs such as Microsoft Word and Firefox.

What could be causing this and how can it be solved?

Thanks for any help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"