Re: latest windows 10, jaws 2020, and disabling cortana

Mike B.

Yo Bro,

Give 1 of the notes below at try:

From: Jim Flusche

 Press, Win Key + X,  to open the Power Menu and select PowerShell (Admin).

 When the blue screen comes into view, copy/paste the below command and hit Enter

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 | Remove-AppxPackage

 Wait for a few seconds while the PowerShell removes Cortana  from your PC.

Jim

From:  Miriam Vieni
If you can't see the screen, how do you know when the blue screen comes into view?
Miriam

From: Jim Flusche
When the screen comes up, just paste the string command and wait a few minutes for Cortana to be removed, press ALT+f4to close, you are done.
Jim

From:  Mike B
It can also be disabled in the group policy editor.

From: Chris
You dont need to use powershell
You can now remove cortana like any other app
Chris

From: Larry Gassman
I don’t remember seeing Cortana in Add/Remove programs.
How did you remove this app without a power shell?
Larry

From: Chris via groups.io
Under settings > apps >apps and features
It appears in the list of programs there
Or in start menu right click on the cortana entry under the all apps list and select uninstall
This is in 2004
Chris

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.