Re: A Cople of Announcements (Passover, Podcast)

Nimer Jaber

No, they aren't. YouTube may do captioning, I'm not sure, but to do this well, this costs quite a bit in both money and time. If you have difficulty understanding what is being said, you are welcome to reach out to contact@... so that we can help you further, answer your questions, etc. You can also join the mailing list blindtechguys+subscribe@...

Thanks.

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 10:06 AM John Holcomb II <jhii926@...> wrote:

Are they text  translated for those of us who are unable to understand the audio?

Thanks,

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nimer Jaber
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2021 12:34 PM
To: TechTalk Group <TechTalk@groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] A Cople of Announcements (Passover, Podcast)

  Hello everyone,

First, I'd like to wish anyone who celebrates a very happy Passover. חג שמח!

I also want to make an announcement regarding an upcoming podcast. Some will see this as self-promotion. I see it as letting the community know of content which may be valuable to the community. Nonetheless, if you don't wish to know about this announcement, please stop reading.

I am a host of the BlindTechGuys podcast. We will be starting a series on web app accessibility. Examples are the Outlook web interface, Gmail's web interface, Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, Microsoft Office 365 on the web, Facebook, Twitter, and others. I've seen comments that Gmail is not accessible, questions on how to make best use of Facebook without using the mobile interface, and so on. I've also seen comments where blind people say that email threading is painful, not accessible, and they feel forced to use Outlook because Outlook is the only accessible/productive solution for reading mail. This series will take place over the next few weeks, and will address these concerns, and will provide information, and demonstrations, of such web apps using NVDA and, to a lesser extent, JAWS. We go live on Youtube, Periscope, and Facebook, in our Facebook group. The link to watch us live tonight is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B0SR1okLLs and you can also catch the podcast in your favorite pod catcher once it is released in the next day or two, should you choose to catch the edited version, or wish to not watch on Youtube. If you do come on YouTube, leave us a chat in the chat box, and we'll acknowledge you live, particularly if you have questions as we go along. If you do have vision, please note that the Youtube stream is about the audio, not the video, and you won't see much visuals.

The BlindTechGuys podcast is aimed at discussing Android, iOS, and anything else tech-related which may be interesting to the blindness community. We go live on Sundays at 7:00 PM U.S. Pacific DST, however you can listen to episode at blindtechguys.com, where you can also subscribe. You can also listen to the podcast using your favorite podcatcher, and using your smart speaker of choice. Check out www.blindtechguys.com to find links for our various episodes, email list, Facebook and Twitter links, as well as our communities on Telegram and WhatsApp.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

attachments for security threats.