Re: I am reposting this, as I messed up the subject line in my first posting. What would be the cost of replacing a hard drive in a windows ten computer?

Jim Rawls

Yes.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2021 12:43 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I am reposting this, as I messed up the subject line in my first posting. What would be the cost of replacing a hard drive in a windows ten computer?

Jim,

Are you saying Hellen Keller service put the Outlook program on your current pc?

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2021 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I am reposting this, as I messed up the subject line in my first posting. What would be the cost of replacing a hard drive in a windows ten computer?

Janet, I can do that, but I need to figure out a way to keep my outlook program. I don’t have the disk, as the Hellen Keller service put the office program on the computer. From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2021 12:05 PM

Hi Jim,

Is this unreliable pc you are referring to, the exact same one you have been working with for some months now? Is this unreliable PC the same one Microsoft couldn’t do anything with it? If this is the case, I wouldn’t buy a hard drive, as you don’t know if the issue is due to the hard drive although, it doesn’t sound like it is.  If you take it to the Geek Squad, chances are they just might perform a reset, and charge you, as you can do a reset yourself, and if you don’t feel comfortable enough to do that yourself, you can call MS, and ask them to set up your pc to perform a reset.  If you are going to get a new PC, and because you’ve dealt with this same issue, you might as well just deal with it until you get your new one. 

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2021 3:25 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] I am reposting this, as I messed up the subject line in my first posting. What would be the cost of replacing a hard drive in a windows ten computer?

Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2021 1:20 PM
Subject: what would be the cost of replacing a hard drive in a windows ten comiput4er?

Hi all, the Hellen Keller foundation is going to give me a new computer in three to four months. Until then, I have this very unreliable one to work with. I can’t update anything. I can’t get jaws to install anything. I have version 2018, but it won’t install anything past that, even though I have been authorized to have later versions.

My win amp play won’t open properly etc. So I have to work with this, and I was just wondering if I head the geek squad install a new hard drive on this computer, it might solve my problems. Any ideas on this please?? Jim

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.