Re: Edge browser tutorial?

Mike B.

Here you go:

From: Jim Flusche

This is a text tutorial, provided freely by Jim Flusche, and anyone may freely share this file.

Some items to look at under Privacy and services in the New Edge.

*My Jaws is set to auto forms mode.

This is how I have the following items set on my computer in Edge.

Open the New Edge.

Press ALT+f, press s for settings.

Press numpad plus to pop out of the edit box,tab one time.

down arrow to,Privacy and services,Press enter.

Tab a few times to, Tracking prevention check box checked.

Tab one time to, Balanced (Recommended) Blocks trackers from sites you haven’t visited Content and ads will likely be less personalized Sites will work
as expected Blocks known harmful trackers radio button checked two of three.

Tab about nine times to, Allow sites to check if you have payment methods saved, check box‑ checked.

Tab about ten times to, Microsoft Defender SmartScreen check box‑ checked.

Tab one time to, Block potentially unwanted apps check box‑ checked.

Looking At Appearance settings in the new Edge.

*My Jaws is set to auto forms mode.

Press ALT+f, press s for settings.

Press numpad plus to pop out of the edit box,tab one time.

Down arrow to Appearance,Press Enter.

Tab two times to, My computer says, Default theme System default button menu.

Tab two more times to, Show home button check box‑ checked.

Tab one time to, New tab page radio button‑ not checked.

Tab two times to, Show favorites bar Only on new tabs button menu.

* Important, Tab one more  time to, Show favorites button check box‑ checked.

Tab one more time to, Show Collections button check box‑ checked.

Tab one more time to, Show feedback button check box‑ not checked.

Tab one more time to, Show share button check box‑ not checked.

Tab again to, Font size Medium (Recommended) button menu.

Tab again to, Customize fonts.

The Show favorites Checkbox is important to make sure that it is checked, or your favorites bar will not show up in the Address bar tab.

*For example,on my computer if I want to get to my favorites quickly, I do the following:

Press ALT+d, this  takes you to the Address bar, Tab two times to favorites, Press Down arrow to look at your favorites.

Some items to look at under Profile in the New Edge.

Press ALT+f, press s for settings.

Press numpad plus to pop out of the edit box,tab one time.

Now press Enter you are already on Profile.

Now Tab two times to Add profile Button.

Tab three times to Manage account Button.

* Pressing the Spacebar here takes me to my Microsoft account.

Tab one time to Sync Button.

*tip, If you have a Microsoft account, Sync needs to be turned on.

Tab one time to Passwords Button.

Tab one time to Payment info Button.

*tip, This shows me my credit card info, You can add other payment methods here.

Tab one time to Addresses and more Button.

*tip, you can add addresses here for Edge to remember for you.

Tab one more time to Import browser data Button.

*tip, For some reason if all your browser info does not carry over correctly, you can import it again here  I think.

You are now done in the privacy settings of Edge.

How to move around in the new Edge browser with Jaws.

OK, what good is it to give out directions if you don't know how to get around in the new Edge with Jaws?

OK, let me take a better try at explaining how to get around the new Edge with Jaws!

I start out with some new directions to more easily  get around the new Edge with Jaws, then some reminders on getting around Edge with  Jaws.

From your homepage, you can do the following things in Edge .

*Press the F6 key to cycle through elements, wich are    also   called panes:

When you press f6, you will hear.

The tab bar

Address and search bar

Favorites bar (if available)

Webpage content

Downloads bar (if available)

notifications, if available.

* For example I really like the following way of getting around in the new Edge with Jaws.

**After Pressing F6 one time, from any page in Edge you will land on The tab bar.

From the Tab bar, you can Press eather Right or left arrow keys to look at all your open Tabs.

** For example, After Pressing F6 on my computer, I will hear:

Tab bar Tool bar, MSN | Outlook, Office, Skype, Bing, Breaking News, and Latest Videos Tab‑ selected,1 of 3.

when I Press the right arrow key I hear, Close tab Button.

when I Press the right arrow key again  I hear,
windows10AndJaws@groups.io
 Home Tab 2 of 3.

‑when I Press the right arrow key again  I hear, Close tab Button.

‑when I Press the right arrow key again I hear, NFB-NEWSLINE® Online Publication List Tab 3 of 3.

when I Press the right arrow key again  I hear, Close tab Button.

when I Press the right arrow key again I hear,New Tab Button.

** This is the easiest and fastest way to change from one open Tab to another   Tab,  by just Pressing the Spacebar on any tab as you Right arrow across
the Tab bar Tool bar.

** when you go across the Tab bar Tool bar, you can also close any open Tabs by Pressing the Spacebar on the close Tab button.

Pressing F6 again from the tab bar tool bar, you will hear Address and search bar Edit.

Pressing F6 again a third time will take you back to the original page you were on when you Pressed F6 the first time.

** Remember in my case  you can also  Press Control+Tab, to look at your   other two open tabs.

I can also  Press ALT+d, and Tab two times to my favorites folder, and I can arrow down through my favorits  folder.

** Remember after Pressing  ALT+d, you can also Tab across to other items besides Favorites.

I can also Press ALT+f, followed by the letter s, this will open the Edge settings.

I can also do an Internet search using either Bing or Google.

I can also look at my home page.

I can also play around in Edge using Jaws 2020 to learn how to use the Edge browser.

I can also go to,Accessibility with the new Microsoft Edge, the Link is below.

About using Favorites in the new Edge.

*My Jaws is set to auto forms mode.

How do I  add a folder to Favorites in Edge.

Press Control+Shift+O,Press Escape to pop out of forms mode.

Press Control+Home, to go to the top of the page.

Press B for button two times  ,you will hear

Add favorite Button.

Add folder Button.

Press Enter on Add folder Button.

Type the name for your new folder and Press Enter

**tip, I created anew folder called bible in the Favorites bar.

Now Press Control+f4 to close this tab.

Now I am going to show you how I manage Favorites in Edge!

Press ALT+D, and Tab two times, you will hear, Favorites button menu, Press the down arrow key to see your Favorites.

As you Press the Down arrow key, you will hear something like this on my computer.

Favorites button menu‑

menu Manage favorites 1 of 6Ctrl+Shift+O.

Remove duplicate favorites 2 of 6.

bible sub menu3 of 6.

Microsoft account Home4 of 6https:************.com.

My Account5 of 6 https:******office.com

Other favorites sub menu‑6 of 6.

So managing your Favorites will be done right here in the Favorites Bar of the   Edge browser  using Jaws.

**For example, saving The new Windows 10 and Jaws group to Favorites in Edge.

First of all, go to our group home page in the Edge browser.

Press Control+D,to open the name  edit box for your new Favorite.

I like this name, so now I will Tab one time to choose where I want to save this Favorite site in the Edge browser.

On my computer I can  save it in three places.

1. I can save it right in the  Favorites Bar area where my accounts are.

2. I can save it in the bible folder.

3. I can save it in the  other folder.

 Now remember the last saved location is remembered for you when you go to save another site.

I will choose the other folder  to save our group home page, I have it come up already as a start tab inEdge.

So whhen I tabbed one time from the name edit box,Jaws said Other combo box,I left it on other Favorites.

I Tabbed again to a more button.

I Tabbed again  to the  done button, I Pressed Enter.

My new site was successfully added to Favorites in the Edge browser.

Do the same steps  as above to add your favorite sites in Edge.

I moved all my bible sites into my bible folder.

Any sites that had long names, I saved them again with a shortened name, I deleted the sites with the long names.

 Just highlight any site you wish to delete, Press the Applications key, go down to delete and Press enter.

So now my Favorites are finally  organized in the new   Edge browser!

Ok read below for more ways to use Favorites in the new Edge with Jaws.

How do I get to Favorites in the new Edge?

There are many ways to get to Favorites with Jaws in the new Edge.

Press ALT+f, press o  forFavorits.

You will land on, Favorites sub menu.

Press down arrow to, Show favorites bar sub menu, Press right arrow.

You will hear, Favorites sub menu Always checked 1 of 3.  .

*tip, Press enter to Check this item if it is not Checked.

This way when you Press ALT+D, and Tab two times, you will hear, Favorites button menu, Press down arrow to see your Favorites.

If you Press the letter O, you will quickly jump to your Other Favorites sub menu, just Press right arrow one time, first letter navigation works in this
list of other Favorites.

you can also Press, Control+Shift+B, to Show or hide the Favorites bar.

You can also Press, Alt+Shift+B, to Set focus on the first item in the Favorites bar.

*To add a website to Favorites, Press Control+D.

Press Control+Shift+D, to Save all open Tabs as Favorites in a new folder.

Control+Shift+O, Open Favorites Management.

 How to Use Immersive Reader in Microsoft Edge

When  I want to simplify a page to read with Jaws I use the Immersive Reader if available.

I Press f9 to turn it on, I read the page, I press f9 again to turn it off.

This is easy to do and easy to use. Smiles…

How to use Read Aloud in the new Microsoft Edge.

with the new Edge You can read a website or an article using Read Aloud.

This is very easy to do, just Press, control+Shift+U to Start or stop Read Aloud!

How to add a page to, On startup in the new Edge.

*My Jaws is set to auto forms mode.

*tip,Press ALT+d, to select theAddress bar, PressControl+c to copy the address of the website you wish to add to,  On startup.

Open the New Edge.

Press ALT+f, press s for settings.

Press numpad plus to pop out of the edit box,tab one time.

Down arrow to, On startup, Press Enter.

Tab two times to a list of three radio buttons,  , Down arrow to open a secific page or pages.

Tab one time to Add a page button Press Enter.

Now Paiste into the edit box, the URL of the website you want to open when Edge starts up.

Now Tab one time to the Add button, Press Enter, You should hear a notification telling you that your site has been added to the On start up page .

Press ALT+f4 to close Edge.

Now open Edge, Press Control+tab, until you hear your newly added site come up for you, you are done!

I currently have three websites that open with no issues when I start the new Edge.

How to install a website as an app in the Edge browser?

How to install a website as an app in the Edge browser?

I installed Freedom Scientific as an app on my computer.

I first went to the  Freedom Scientific website.

I pressed the ALT key, now arrow down  to,Apps sub menu,press the right arrow key to open.

Arrow down to Install this site as an app,press enter.

You land in an edit box, I left the name Freedom Scientific as the name for my new   app, and backspaced the rest of the name out of the edit box.

Tab to OK, press enter, now I have aded Freedom Scientific as a new app on my computer.

 Now go to all apps, find the Freedom Scientific app,highlight the app.

Press the applications key,arrow down to more sub menu, right arrow,down arrow toOpen File Location, press the Spacebar.

Press the Applications key again, arrow down to Send to submenu, right arrow, down arrow to create a desktop shortcut, Press enter.

You now have a new desktop icon called Freedom Scientific,you are done.

Press enter on your new icon to go directly to the Freedom Scientific web site.

You can do this with any site,have fun!

Again This is a text tutorial, provided freely byJim Flusche.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.