Re: Edit Field With Brave Browser Question Please.

Gene

I meant to write then move to highlighted when you are finished. But my guess may not be correct and JAWS reading what is highlighted may not be the cause of the problem.

From: Gene
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2021 6:39 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Edit Field With Brave Browser Question Please.

One method is to turn off speech, type, then turn it on again. To turn off
speech, the command is JAWS key space, followed by the letter s. The same
command again turns speech on again.

It sounds to me as though there is no setting that will solve the problem.
My guess is that what is happening is that when you type, the letter is
appearing as a selected or highlighted letter. JAWS is announcing it as it
appears because JAWS reads selected text by default.

As I consider the problem, there may be another way to solve the problem.
JAWS key s switches between three options. The default is highlighted and
it is the one you would usually use. All is another option and none is
another. Use the command to move to none and see what happens when you
type. them move to highlighted after you finish.