Re: Alarm sound of Echo Dot?

Vicky Vaughan

Hi Tariq, Thank you for answering my question. 

Unfortunately, she responds wit, “Alarm for what time?”  She doesn’t understand that I am not trying to set or change the time, but to get back the original alarm sound which was an alternating up and down tones. 

For some unknown reason yesterday morning she switched to playing soft music, which is not effective in waking me up. 

Between having hearing loss and sometimes being deep asleep at the time for the alarm, I need the former loud tones.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Sincerely, Vicky V

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tariq Ali
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 3:22 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Alarm sound of Echo Dot?

If you say wake me up with x x x that will also allow you to change the sound of the alarm

Regards

Tariq

On 30 Mar 2021, at 6:10 am, Ashley Breger via groups.io <ashbreger@...> wrote:

Under the menu there should be a spot that says timers and alarms. Clicking on this wall are you to choose your alarm sound. I believe the menu is now located under the more tab on the far right hand bottom corner of the screen.

Hope this helps,

Ashley

On Mar 29, 2021, at 8:47 PM, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...> wrote:

Hi List, My alarm sound changed itself.  I asked her to change back, but she said that this needs to be done in the Alexa app, but I can’t find anything there that will let me do that.

Can anyone tell me how to get back my very loud octave alternating alarm sound?  Soft music will not wake me.

Thanks very much for any help!

Sincerely, Vicky V

AVG logo

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.