Re: Returning Stream second generation card to the unit

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

I hope you're right Laz. I feel like a certified dummy for intentionally disabling my Victor in a fit of monkey curiosity. I receive tons of podcasts that I like, and I have a giant list of stuff that I get from NFB Newsline. I would unsubscribe from all of it to get my Stream working again. Lesson learned.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laz
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 12:09 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Returning Stream second generation card to the unit

Having never taken one of these out I can't tell you how to put it back in, but I've heard from others who have that it takes a Lunux computer to do anything with the card. I'm sure someone on this list has the directions for putting it back though.

Stay well,

Laz

On 3/30/21, Steven Johnson <saxmonger@comcast.net> wrote:
Everyone knows the old adage, "When in doubt, don't." Well, I removed
the internal storage card from beneath the battery of my Second
Generation stream with the hope of copying the operating system of the
unit to a slightly higher capacity card. Of course, my PC doesn't
recognize the card, so I chickened out and now I want to put the
internal card back into the Stream and I can't figure out how it goes
in. Could one of you provide me some tips on how to get the cursed
card back into my Victor. I have the card and a metal tray-like gizmo
that was associated with the card. I know, I know. You would say
that I took the thing out, I should be able to put it back in. I
actually got my wife with marque 1 eyeballs to do it, and she can't
remember how it came out. Help!!

--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Player/book Reader, Victor Reader Stream & Trek, blindshell Classic phone, Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com