Re: Braille Displays

chris judge

Yes it does. I haven't received mine yet but am eagerly waiting.

Chris Judge

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vicky Vaughan
Sent: March 30, 2021 8:56 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Braille Displays

Hi List, By virtue of being a QWERTY keyboard, does The mantis not only have the Shift key, but also the Alt and Control keys? I would find that to be so helpful to have those for keyboard commands, rather than memorizing all the various key combinations that the Freedom Scientific displays make you memorize for those functions.

Do any of you know of any other Braille display that gives you these keys?

Thanks very much!

Sincerely, Vicky V

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Victor
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:29 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

I think it’s a little more expensive than the focus 40 braille display. But I could be wrong. It’s definitely more expensive than the line of orbit braille displays which are the lower cost braille displays that have been coming out recently.

Victor
On Mar 30, 2021, at 3:57 AM, chris judge <chrisjudge1967@gmail.com> wrote:

Is it any more expensive than the others out there? I haven't really priced anything in quite a while but I thought most 40 cell displays were comparable in price. The mantis also has an editor, book reader, and a host of other stand alone apps. The qwerty keyboard makes it worth it to me even if it is a bit more expensive as even though I learned on Braille when I was five years old, I never cared for Braille input.

Chris Judge

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Victor
Sent: March 30, 2021 7:40 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

I’ve read good things about that braille display. It’s too bad it’s so expensive.

Victor
On Mar 30, 2021, at 2:39 AM, chris judge <chrisjudge1967@gmail.com> wrote:

I have the mantis q 40 on order and can't wait to receive it. If you prefer qwerty typing over Braille input, as I do, this baby is the solution as it boasts a qwerty keyboard.

Chris Judge

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Allen West
Sent: March 29, 2021 11:54 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Braille Displays

Hi,

I am in the market for a new braille display for my job. It needs to be no less than twenty cells, small enough to throw into my backpack and can read Word documents

I have used the Focus 40, but it does not meet my needs. I am looking for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Allen West

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.