Re: if someone has gone back to factory settings, and then reset his computer, I would like to talk to him or her please.

Jim Rawls

Yes I think so. So maybe I should see about fixing it. I'll do that as soon as I find out if I can keep it.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 11:18 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] if someone has gone back to factory settings, and then reset his computer, I would like to talk to him or her please.

HI Jim,
Can you keep this current PC after you get your new PC?

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 12:36 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] if someone has gone back to factory settings, and then reset his computer, I would like to talk to him or her please.

Three to four months.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 3:45 PM

Here's the other thought.
How long until you get the new PC again?
This is your only computer for now right?
If you are able to do the things you need with what you have for the moment, that would be your best solution.
If you had another PC laying around all set up and ready to rock, I'd say sure go for it.
But if this is your only box and you have nothing else to turn to for now, then I'd say unless there's some major thing you can't do that you have to do, then I'd leave it alone until the new one came if it were me.
John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 6:34 PM

I don't know what else you want to do. You can't use Winamp as I recall, but Windows Media Player should serve well.

As far as not being able to upgrade Windows is concerned, does that matter?
Can you still get security updates for the version you are using?

In short, in evaluating what you want to do, what can't you do that affects your ability to do things on the computer, not this or that specific program, for which another can usually be substituted, but in the tasks you want to do and what are they?

Gene
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 4:47 PM

I can do emails, and surf the internet.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 2:19 PM

Hi Jim,

From what I've read it sounds like you've tried everything else, so what have you got to lose by trying a fresh install? Can you use this computer at all any more? Or, is it now an oversized coaster?

Stay safe and take care. Mike.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 1:46 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] if someone has gone back to factory settings, and then reset his computer, I would like to talk to him or her please.

Hi, I have posted my problems before. My computer won’t update, and I can’t
download any version of jaws past 2018,even though I am authorized to do so.
now if I went back to factory settings, and set up my computer again, would
that solve my problems? Jim

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.