Re: the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Janet

Hi Steve,

Or he could just perform a reset, and be done with it.  At least this might make the PC workable enough to download the Windows updates, in which just might rectify most of the problems. 

Janet  

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:16 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

I still sayl, as I have from the outset, install Windows 10 from scratch. That means initializing the disk. Of course you'll want to back everything up frirst, which maybe by now is no longer possible, only you would know this.

On 3/31/2021 3:31 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:

Absolutely, but lately, not.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi Jim,

Have you ever been able to install a program on your computer? If not, it could be the organization you got the computer from did not set it up where you would have administrative rights. Just a thought.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:22 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right. I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.