Re: Silenzio 2.0 is Out

Mike B.

Here you go:

For you and others who want to know how to get Edge to do the translation, hit alt+d to bring up the address bar when you are on the page you want translated.

Tab to show translation options, which for me shows up just after enter immersive reader.

Hit the spacebar on that and you will get your options.  The first, of course, is translate page.

I hit that and then went to the info about Silenzio 2.0 and copied this:

Silenzio 2.0

Program to keep your sound card on standby

Description

Silenzio is used to significantly speed up your computer's response when working with voice output. Acceleration is achieved by permanently playing back
the silence in the background, which keeps the sound card in operation all the time. All of today's internal or external sound cards, as well as other
devices such as various USB speakers, USB headphones, headphones connected via bluetoth and others, work on the principle that if they don't play anything
right now, they go into a kind of economical mode from which they wake up when they get the sound to play. From an ordinary user's point of view, this
is not a problem, because with standard sounds such as music or operating system sounds, waking up to a sound card is negligible. The situation is different
when working with voice output, when we can receive information almost every time you press the keyboard (switching between windows, moving in a document,
browsing a web page). These situations cause the sound card to be permanently put to sleep and awake by voice output, creating a tiny but rather noticeable
latency when working quickly. This issue is addressed by Silenzio, which, by constantly playing silence in the background, does not allow the card to go
into saving mode.

This problem was previously addressed by
Galop's Soundfix program.
 This was at a time when various USB and wireless audio devices were not yet widespread, and computers were working with one - usually built-in - sound
card. When USB sound cards came to market, it was regularly the case that if a user connected a USB headset or speaker to the computer, Soundfix continued
to keep the original sound card awake and the effect was thus lost. My friend Peter Nedorost therefore contacted the programme makers asking them to update
the program and adapt it to the current facilities. Since Galop replied that it would not continue to develop the program, Peťo Nedorost contacted me asking
me to write such a program. It wasn't challenging and the program soon saw the light of day.

What's new

2.0

- Supported all
audio formats -
Warning if audio
file is missing
- Disabled run of multiple instances - Saved last used audio device - Minor minor bug fixes.

1.0

First version

Download

Silenzio is a freeware program and