Enabling line-in in Windows 10

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

I have a laptop with a stereo microphone array and 2 jacks on the side; one for headphones and one apparently for line-in/external microphone.  I find that the line-in option is missing from my input devices under sound settings, even after plugging in the audio source that I want to record with my computer.  I googled the problem, and the instructions that I found say to right-click on speakers in the system tray or sound on the taskbar, go to sound settings and under the record tab, enable line in.  I am unable to find what they are talking about.  Anyone know a better method for enabling line-in on my laptop?