Re: learning zoom

John Holcomb II

Yeah its a it’s a program so no matter which version of Windows you use it'll just work.
Zoom is very consumer friendly and easy which is why its popularity has exploded.
John

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2021 12:12 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] learning zoom

it doesn't matter wich browser you use. If all you want to do is participate and not host meetings, you don't need an account. You don't need to know much. You would download and install the Zoom application and you can do so directly from the Zoom site. It is an application, not an app. I don't know if there is a Windows 10 app but my impression is that those who use computers use the zoom application.

Once the app is installed, you can enter a meeting by using the link provided in the invitation message. You could launch Zoom by itself and put in the information but if the link is properly formed, just following the link will provide Zoom with all the information needed.

Once you download and install the app, people can send you common short cuts you may well want to use. I won't do so in this message.

I'm not sure which country you are in. it appears to me that there are different Zoom pages for different countries. I don't know if it matters for downloading an English version of the program, but I won't provide a link now.

Gene
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2021 10:54 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] learning zoom

Hello, I know how to use zoom off my i-devices but, I am going to be taking
a class that requires me to use zoom off my computer. So is there anyone who
can show me how to use zoom off the pc? Do I need to download zoom as an app
threw the windows store; is it better to use jaws or NVDA; I want to use the
brave browser like I have been using. Do I need a camera I currently do not
have a camera access off my pc. I have a headset wired or Bluetooth.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.