Re: Win10 version 1909 end of servicing.

enes sarıbaş

Hi, he won't be stuck with a new pc. I fully accessibly did a clean install on  a computer with no OS, this is possible when secure boot is off. The pc will boot from USB instead of the HDD if HDD has no OS. Even if a boot key is needed, you can use a video call or other method to boot from media. Once you do that, you can bring up narrator and do whole install.

On 4/3/2021 6:20 PM, Janet wrote:
Enes,
Those words were exactly mine! But, then again, we still don't know what is stopping Jim from using those features such as the reset, and if he did use that feature, and it didn't make a difference, then what? He would have no PC. The first thing I would have done was use the reset feature, but then again, I also have another PC so I wouldn't be stuck without any PC. I still think Jim should try the reset feature, but I think he might feel a little more comfortable when he gets his new PC in 3 or 4 months from now.

Janet
-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of enes saribas
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2021 6:07 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Win10 version 1909 end of servicing.

The agent might have also been someone who knew nothing about about more
complex issues. They should have refered to higher level support though.

On 4/3/2021 6:05 PM, Janet wrote:
Enes,
I do agree with some of what you are saying, but once again, we don't know what is stopping these features from doing their job. If Jim spent several hours on the phone with MS, I'm sure they must have tried something. I'm sure probably one of the first things they did was to grab a hold of the trouble shooter tool, but what was the results, we don't know.
Janet