Re: Braille Displays

Joe Orozco

If your choices came down to those two devices, go with the Braille
Sense. There is absolutely no competition there. I think Freedom
Scientific did its best to come up with a good Windows PC replacement,
but the processor is ridiculously slow. The Braille Sense has enormous
horse power by comparison. Also, the Braille Sense is going to let you
do more dynamic things. This is just one person’s opinion, but if you
do a spec by spec comparison, the Braille Sense wins on all counts.

Good luck!

Joe

On 4/3/21, Allen West <alwest0324@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok. At this point, it is a chice between the ElBraille 40 and the
Braille Sense.

Allen

On 3/30/21, Allen West via groups.io <alwest0324=gmail.com@groups.io>
wrote:
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I have used the Orbit twenty before
and liked it. I need a braille display that can recognize Word files,
because some of the forms I need to complete for customers are in
Word. I don't mind a Braille keyboard, but the Mantis sounds
interesting. I also, may take a closer look at the Brailliant Bi 40.
Does the Brailliant recognize .docx files?

Allen

On 3/29/21, Mich Verrier <michv@eastlink.ca> wrote:
Hi alan have you through of the orbit 20? It is 20 cells and is small I
have
no more info though since I have not used it my self. From Mich.