Re: Enabling line-in in Windows 10

Howard Traxler

Back in the day, the magnetic cartrage was the thing; whether it be moving magnet or moving coil.  This cartrage required an additional stage of pre-amplification.  Feeding it directly into a sound card (to my knowledge) just wouldn't work.  Hence I have a discrete pre-amp for between the turntable and sound card; or my stereo receiver has a magnetic cartrage input that does the same thing.

Back in the day, I was very critical of the sound that was produced; however, at my age, my hearing is not what it was andmost of my music listening is for background.  So, sound doesn't need to be as good as 40 years ago.

Howard