Re: how do you add a signature to your outgoing messages in outlook 2010/?

Gene

Also, your experience with Outlook 2010 means nothing by itself in terms of concluding how the program runs in general. You can't generalize from one person's experience with one computer. That's why programs are beta tested by a large group of people. A program may work well on one machine and not as well or display a bug on another. I don't know anything about your specific machine. there may be something about it which causes the program not to run well. That doesn't mean it runs poorly in general.

If it turns out that a lot of people report to us that the program no longer works well in Windows 10, that will support your position that that version of that specific program no longer works well often or ;perhaps on a lot or most machines. But we need enough reports to mean something before reaching a tentative conclusion.

From: Gene via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2021 10:42 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how do you add a signature to your outgoing messages in outlook 2010/?

I'm sorry but you are just wrong about programs needing updates to continue
to work smoothly. That is such a generalizationb that is wrong. Some
programs that work well in Windows 7 don't work in Windows 10 or don't work
well. Most programs do.

I didn't say that programs will work forever as Windows changes. I have no
idea how many programs that work well today and are not supported will do so
in five years. I suspect many will. Perhaps you will believe others who
may participate in the thread and tell you what I'm telling you.