Re: learning zoom

chris judge

If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to ask.

One thing about settings on the zoom client for windows. When you are arrowing down through the options, you have to press enter to choose that option before tabbing in to it. I don’t think jaws tells you that and it can be a bit disconcerting. For instance, if you want to change audio settings, when you are arrowing down, press enter on audio, then tab in. You will probably have to choose what speakers and mic you are using here, especially if you are not planning to use the default sound source. Your best bet is a USB headset, wireless or otherwise. I have not used Bluetooth.

One more thing, I’m not sure if you are planning to do any hosting, but if you are I strongly suggest you purchase the professional jaws scripts for zoom. They were written by Brian Hartgen in the UK and they are always kept up to date. The scripts are a must if you want to have control over the participants list, waiting room, etc.

If you are interested let me know and I will send you the link. I can also send you the documentation for the scripts so you can read about all the advantages of using them.

Good luck and please reach out if you require assistance.

Cheers.

Chris Judge

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: April 4, 2021 3:46 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] learning zoom

Oh, thank you for the info! I will follow the sugestions. I have been using the zoom app off the iPhone and I did not have a zoom account. But, I will create one today. Cheers Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, April 3, 2021 12:48 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] learning zoom

Hi Heather.

Since you’ve been using zoom off your iPhone I’m assuming you already have an account?

Go to the zoom web site:

www.zoom.us

Sign in with your email and password. You’ll next want to download the zoom meetings client and install it. You should then be able to follow a zoom link in an email to join a meeting. It’s a good idea to go through your audio settings to make sure it’s set to automatically connect to audio when you join the meeting. You won’t need a camera unless you want meeting participants to see you.

Jaws has better support for zoom than NVDA does if using jaws 2020 or 2021, There is also a training webinar on the freedom scientific web site that should give you all you need. Link is below.

using zoom with jaws

I hope this helps. Please feel to reach out should you have other questions.

Cheers.

Chris.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: April 3, 2021 12:54 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] learning zoom

Hello, I know how to use zoom  off my i-devices but, I am going to be taking a class that requires me to use zoom off my computer. So is there anyone who can show me how to use zoom off the pc? Do I need to download zoom as an app threw the windows store; is it better to use jaws or NVDA; I want to use the brave browser like I have been using. Do I need a camera I currently do not have a camera access off my pc. I have a headset wired or Bluetooth.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.