Re: learning zoom

chris judge

If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to ask.

One thing about settings on the zoom client for windows. When you are arrowing down through the options, you have to press enter to choose that option before tabbing in to it. I don’t think jaws tells you that and it can be a bit disconcerting. For instance, if you want to change audio settings, when you are arrowing down, press enter on audio, then tab in. You will probably have to choose what speakers and mic you are using here, especially if you are not planning to use the default sound source. Your best bet is a USB headset, wireless or otherwise. I have not used Bluetooth.

One more thing, I’m not sure if you are planning to do any hosting, but if you are I strongly suggest you purchase the professional jaws scripts for zoom. They were written by Brian Hartgen in the UK and they are always kept up to date. The scripts are a must if you want to have control over the participants list, waiting room, etc.

If you are interested let me know and I will send you the link. I can also send you the documentation for the scripts so you can read about all the advantages of using them.

Good luck and please reach out if you require assistance.

Cheers.

Chris Judge