Re: learning zoom

Gene

If you are using Zoom without an account now, if you are going to use it in the same way on a computer, you don't need an account. You don't need one to participate in a meeting or to download the application.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2021 1:46 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] learning zoom

Oh, thank you for the info! I will follow the sugestions. I have been using the zoom app off the iPhone and I did not have a zoom account. But, I will create one today. Cheers Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, April 3, 2021 12:48 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] learning zoom

Hi Heather.

Since you’ve been using zoom off your iPhone I’m assuming you already have an account?

Go to the zoom web site:

www.zoom.us

Sign in with your email and password. You’ll next want to download the zoom meetings client and install it. You should then be able to follow a zoom link in an email to join a meeting. It’s a good idea to go through your audio settings to make sure it’s set to automatically connect to audio when you join the meeting. You won’t need a camera unless you want meeting participants to see you.

Jaws has better support for zoom than NVDA does if using jaws 2020 or 2021, There is also a training webinar on the freedom scientific web site that should give you all you need. Link is below.

using zoom with jaws

I hope this helps. Please feel to reach out should you have other questions.

Cheers.

Chris.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: April 3, 2021 12:54 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] learning zoom

Hello, I know how to use zoom off my i-devices but, I am going to be taking a class that requires me to use zoom off my computer. So is there anyone who can show me how to use zoom off the pc? Do I need to download zoom as an app threw the windows store; is it better to use jaws or NVDA; I want to use the brave browser like I have been using. Do I need a camera I currently do not have a camera access off my pc. I have a headset wired or Bluetooth.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.