From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of enes saribas
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2021 10:07 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Win10 version 1909 end of servicing.

Hi,

Reset keeps your files, but redownloads and reinstalls Windows.Go to settings/update and security/troubleshoot to get started. Refresh does this too, but also wipes all partitions and deletes everything.

On 4/4/2021 8:30 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
How does one reset; what is it; what does it do; and when should one
do it?

On 4/3/2021 7:06 PM, Gene wrote:
That is what you would generally expect, but I don't have the
technical knowledge to know if a hard drive problem might corrupt the
source files used for the reset. We don't even know if there is a
hard drive problem or if a hardware problem is causing corruption. I
think that a reset should be attempted before a clean installation of
Windows. If it works, that's fine. If it doesn't and if Jim is
determined not to continue to use the computer as it is and has
decided to do a clean reinstallation if necessary, there is no reason
not to try a reset first.

I don't know if Jim has decided to keep using the computer as it is
or what he is willing to do to ttry to solve problems between now and
when he gets his new computer.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Janet
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2021 6:58 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Gene,
That is the key word here corruption, but a reset should fix that as
well.

Janet