Re: how do you add a signature to your outgoing messages in outlook 2010/?

Monte Single

Nont only doindividuals use outdated software, but buisnesses do also.
They're just watching that bottom line!

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: April 6, 2021 3:40 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how do you add a signature to your outgoing messages in outlook 2010/?

And again, not receiving support has nothing necessarily to do with how a program runs or whether it can and is advisable to be used. Saying outdated implies it shouldn't be used.

I think if you took a survey, you'd be surprised by ow many people use old programs or old versions of programs that haven't been supported often for years.

Again, some programs such as old browsers shouldn't be used. others have no reason they shouldn't be.

Gene
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2021 4:31 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how do you add a signature to your outgoing messages in outlook 2010/?

Hi Monte,
I'm not sure if it is your lazy fingers or not. My point was Outlook is outdated as of Oct 2020, in which was last year! Although, I did get a good laugh from this, so thank you! Smile!

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2021 9:30 PM

Ah yes, my lazy fingers again.
I meant to write April 2023.

Cheers,

Monte

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: April 5, 2021 7:47 PM

Hey Monte,
sWhat year is it? Smile!

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2021 6:20 PM

AS I read the info below, office 2013 will receive security updates til April 2013.

Here is some info on windows products.; see info below or go to;

https://www.ghacks.net/2019/08/16/how-long-will-microsoft-continue-to-support-desktop-versions-of-office/
The following table lists recent desktop Office products and end of mainstream and extended support for each of the products.

Mainstream Support
Extended Support

Office 2010
no longer supported
October 13, 2020
Office 2013
no longer supported
April 11, 2023
Office 2016
October 13, 2020
October 14, 2025
Office 2019
October 10, 2023
October 14, 2025
As you can see, Office 2010 support ends next year; nine months after support for Windows 7 ends. 2020 will be a major year for many users and organizations as support for two core Microsoft products runs out.
The products won't just stop working though but Microsoft won't release security updates for them anymore. Microsoft did make a few exceptions in the past when it released security updates for products that it did not support anymore officially.
Support for the three remaining Office desktop products runs out in 2023 or 2025. Windows 8.1 support ends in 2023 and so does support for Office 2013.
That leaves Office 2016 and 2019, and Windows 10 as the only desktop products provided that Microsoft does not release a new version of Windows (which it said it would not do claiming that Windows 10 was the last version).

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Veronica Kirk
Sent: April 4, 2021 3:18 PM

I am using Outlook 2013, and it works just fine.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Janet
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2021 9:33 PM

Gene,
Come on now! We all have to eventually update programs in order for them to work smoothly. One can only get so much out of a program when it is not supported. Oh sure, one can still use it, but the program will run much more smoothly when it receives updates. I myself use Outlook 2010, and it is barely hanging on.

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2021 9:04 PM

Why do you say it won't work efficiently? Something being out of support has nothing to do with how well it works unless conditions change over time such as a browser that is years old not being able to work with new Internet code.

It may be that if something is out of support long enough, it won't work properly in a new version of Windows, but a lot of old programs still work well.

Gene
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2021 8:48 PM

Jim,

I’m sorry to say, but MS has stopped supporting Outlook as of Oct 2020. You
can still use it, but just don’t expect it to work efficiently though. You
will need to upgrade this as well. Not much good news about MS and Outlook
or Windows! LOL!

Janet

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Jim Rawls
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2021 8:36 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how do you add a signature to your outgoing messages
in outlook 2010/?

2010. Jims

Janet
Sent: Saturday, April 3, 2021 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how do you add a signature to your outgoing messages
in outlook 2010/?

Jim,

What version of Outlook are you using

Janet

Jim Rawls
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2021 5:13 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] how do you add a signature to your outgoing messages in
outlook 2010/?

I am using jaws 18 on a windows ten computer. Jim

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.