Re: how do you add a signature to your outgoing messages in outlook 2010/?

Carolyn Arnold

I would want a mail client, where I could set up rules.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 7:06 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how do you add a signature to your
outgoing messages in outlook 2010/?

You can't create message rules. You can with Thunderbird.
I don't know how you will like it compared with Outlook. On
my computer, it is slower in opening mail than Windows Live
Mail is. I continue to use Windows Live Mail. But with
Windows Live Mail, you have to create message rules using
the provider's web site such as GMail. You can't do so
directly in the e-mail program. You can with Thunderbird.

If you find Thunderbird slower than you want and want to try
Windows Live Mail, people can tell you how to set up message
rules. I never have using GMail or another provider.

Actually, I need to correct an important point:
You can create message rules in Windows Live Mail itself.
To do so, you need to be using a pop3 account, not an IMAP
account. If you use a POP3 account now or if you don't but
you don't care about synchronizing messages on more than one
device, you can use a POP3 account with no problems or
inconveniences.

If you do like Thunderbird, using Thunderbird portable will
mean that you will never have to install or set it up after
the first time. Keep a backup copy of the portable program,
made after you have set everything up and if you ever have
problems such as corruption, with the copy you are using,
delete the folder and copy the backup folder where the copy
you usually use is. You can also copy the portable version
to any other computer you want to use it on.