Re: 533 Million Facebook Users Stolen by Hackers

Victor

Hi Janet:

You’re welcome. Most people misuse social media. They get addicted to it and they use it as an opportunity to get on a soapbox. However, it can be valuable for maintaining relationships and getting the word out about worthy causes. There's a useful platform called Next Door which has a mobile app. Its purpose is to let neighbors communicate with each other and post announcements about things happening in your neighborhood. It's kind of like a neighborhood watch. It was valuable to me when my apartment was robbed last year. Some of the people on this platform found my stolen items and they returned them to me. That is a good use for social media. I urge everyone to use Next Door to stay informed about your neighborhood and help your neighbors.

As for the other social media apps, MeWe has an app in the iOS app store and probably Google Play too. It's like Facebook but less restrictive on free speech. Plus, many claim that its Algorithms for arranging posts are better.

Gab Social and Parlor don't have apps because they won't abide by the restrictions of the app stors. However, Gab Social can be added to the home screen of your mobile device as if it were an actual app. That's easy to do and Gab tells you how to do that. It's pretty accessible and there are plans to improve the website and platform. They plan to add a marketplace where users can buy and sell. I don't know much about Parlor. I've tried to create an account, but it won't accept my information.

KloutHub is another platform that has apps. It's a platform for discussing news and politics. It also seems to be a video sharing platform.

Telegram is a message platform, but it is also a social media platform with accessible apps. Bright Guide is one such app app and Telegram itself is fairly accessible.

I predict that we will begin to see many niche oriented social media platforms. Platforms for conservatives, platforms for liberals, platforms for women, platforms for minorities and other social media platforms that will cater to specific types of people in society. It’s about choice, diversity and free-speech no matter what your views happen to be. There are also apps and social media platforms that our faith based. There are even social media platforms exclusively for practicing Catholics now. See what I mean? We will see more of these platforms catering to specific segments of society. I’ve noticed that everyone uses Facebook, but everyone hates Facebook. That’s pretty interesting. It’s like eating fast food. Most of us don’t like fast food, but we are willing to eat it.

Anyway, I hope all of this information helps you if you are interested in accessing social media. Social media can be helpful if used properly.

Victor

On Apr 6, 2021, at 3:00 PM, Monte Single <mrsingle@sasktel.net> wrote:

For those freely consenting individuals who choose to expose themselves on websites, commonly referred to as social networking, this is not the first time their paivacy has been violated.
These violations are most often performed by the culture vultures such as facebook, twitter et al.. ...and much more rarely, these violations are performed by hackers.

Cavaet emptor!
Buter beware,
But it's free! It's too good to be true!
Your dam right, it is too good to be true, and it sure as hell isn'tfree!