Re: more secure e-mail

Gene

I don't know your specific situation but in general, so much information is collected that my question is why worry about this one thing? Do you use Facebook? A lot of peoples' personal information such as birthdays have leaked. Do you use a smart phone? The phone provides a rough record of where you go and when and if someone wanted to, they could find out. How about smart phone apps? A lot of them share information and I doubt you have any idea which ones share what. Do you use loyalty cards at stores? Information is being collected. I don't know this, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if information about credit card purchases is collected as well.

and whether you pay for e-mail or not, to prevent your e-mail being used to advertise to you, e-mail isn't secure unless it is encrypted. Why spend money and worry about this one thing?

From: Thomas N. Chan
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2021 2:52 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] more secure e-mail

Is there any reason why you don't wish to use google or microsoft as your email provider?
You can also pay them to get higher storage like google workspace and your own domain like yourdomain.com etc.
As for Microsoft, its rather tie down to office as well.
Personally, I have been using Google ap, change name to G-suite and now workspace for my own email and work.

Then again, that also depend how much you are willing to pay for your email service.
Did your telco/provider gave you one email?

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 01:51, heather albright <kd5cbl@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, I am thinking about purcheassing an e-mail service instead of using free e-mail from google or outlook. I was looking to fastmail as a possibility. Has anyone used this service before? Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan