Re: 5TB Portable External USB Hard Drive from Seagate for A cheap Price: What does anyone think?

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

As concerns USB 3.0, does this mean that the input port or the connecting plug is different than the earlier versions of USB?  If so, I'm not quite sue if I have the proper ports.  I thought that USB 3.0 was just a software upgrade.  If so, I probably have the software capability--since I have Windows 10 64 bit on all my computers. My systems are 2 and 5 years old.

On 4/9/2021 9:34 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

Hi Ron.  I do own one of these myself.  It's as good as the 4TB drives, so go for it.  I have all my music sample libraries, and they load just as quickly as my other drives when I use those Libraries with my DAW.  They also are connected through USB3 ports which is, in my opinion more efficient then USB2.  Cheers!

On 10/4/2021 9:09 am, Mike B wrote:

Hi Ron,

I have 2 or 3 of the Seagate 4 TB USB 3.0 external harddrives and I really like them.  I've never had a 5 TB so I can't speak with any experience about them, but I can't see where or why they wouldn't be every bit as good as the 4 TB drives.  I guess the best thing to do would be to read the opinions / reviews of it.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2021 5:48 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] 5TB Portable External USB Hard Drive from Seagate for A cheap Price: What does anyone think?

Hi Group,

I see on Amazon, that Seagate has a 5TB external USB Powered Hard Drive
for the incredibly low price of $104.99 USD. What does anyone think of
this product?

Here is the link to the item on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Portable-External-Hard-Drive/dp/B07VS8QCXC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Western+Digital+4TB+USB+powered+hard+drive&qid=1618014931&s=pc&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyVVpUQ1Y4T09UWVRBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDc3Mjg2OVVBTUFRODIxNlU5JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzMDg2Nzc4VzlUV1JDRUhZUEYmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"