Re: 5TB Portable External USB Hard Drive from Seagate for A cheap Price: What does anyone think?

Monte Single

Hi Ron,

My machines are 8 and 4 years old.

The newer one has 4 usb3 ports, and the olderone has 1 usb3 port.

Also, I have 2 external usb3 powered drives.

They work fine on the usb2 ports, but they work faster on the usb3 ports.  It is called backwards compatability.

One thing to note,  the end of the usb 3 cable  that plugs into the external drive is different fromtthe end of the usb 2 cable.  So, you can plug   eithercable into either port on your  computer/laptop,  but not the different drives.

How’s that banana supply doing?