Re: 5TB Portable External USB Hard Drive from Seagate for A cheap Price: What does anyone think?

Mike B

Hi Ron,

USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports have different configurations and actually feel different.  3.0 is faster than 2.0, but plugging a 3.0 into a 2.0 port will still work, the 2.0 port is reverse compatible and veisa versa.  3.0 has been around for several years now and from the sound of the age of your systems I would venture to say that your computers could have both 2.0 and 3.0 ports.  Here's how to tell the difference.

Here's how  you can feel the difference using your finger between a USB 2.0 port, & a USB 3.0 port. 
Stick the end of your finger into a USB port.  The 2.0 port will feel pretty open with the contact in deeper, but the 3.0 port will feel like there are contacts right up to the edge of the opening.
Black USB ports are 2.0 and blue USB  ports are 3.0.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2021 7:26 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] 5TB Portable External USB Hard Drive from Seagate for A cheap Price: What does anyone think?

Hi Group,

As concerns USB 3.0, does this mean that the input port or the connecting plug is different than the earlier versions of USB?  If so, I'm not quite sue if I have the proper ports.  I thought that USB 3.0 was just a software upgrade.  If so, I probably have the software capability--since I have Windows 10 64 bit on all my computers. My systems are 2 and 5 years old.

On 4/9/2021 9:34 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

Hi Ron.  I do own one of these myself.  It's as good as the 4TB drives, so go for it.  I have all my music sample libraries, and they load just as quickly as my other drives when I use those Libraries with my DAW.  They also are connected through USB3 ports which is, in my opinion more efficient then USB2.  Cheers!

On 10/4/2021 9:09 am, Mike B wrote:

Hi Ron,

I have 2 or 3 of the Seagate 4 TB USB 3.0 external harddrives and I really like them.  I've never had a 5 TB so I can't speak with any experience about them, but I can't see where or why they wouldn't be every bit as good as the 4 TB drives.  I guess the best thing to do would be to read the opinions / reviews of it.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2021 5:48 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] 5TB Portable External USB Hard Drive from Seagate for A cheap Price: What does anyone think?

Hi Group,

I see on Amazon, that Seagate has a 5TB external USB Powered Hard Drive
for the incredibly low price of $104.99 USD. What does anyone think of
this product?

Here is the link to the item on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Portable-External-Hard-Drive/dp/B07VS8QCXC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Western+Digital+4TB+USB+powered+hard+drive&qid=1618014931&s=pc&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyVVpUQ1Y4T09UWVRBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDc3Mjg2OVVBTUFRODIxNlU5JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzMDg2Nzc4VzlUV1JDRUhZUEYmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.