Re: 5TB Portable External USB Hard Drive from Seagate for A cheap Price: What does anyone think?

David Mehler

I've got an internal seagate 4TB drive that's dying after only two
years, it's started giving me the click of death.

I've got another seagate 4TB drive also internal that occationally in
win10 it will for no reason just drop offline when I atempt to access
I get the message drive resource no longer available. I check it later
and it's back.

Bottomline is I've got one that's failing for sure, click of death,
and another that has me questioning it's reliability, both are two
years old.

Speaking of which does anyone know the warranty of a seagate drive?

Thanks.
Dave.

On 4/9/21, Mary Smith via groups.io <ms0120=mailbox.org@groups.io> wrote:
I've had the same experience with Seagate drives. I prefer wd or samsung
products.

On 2021-04-09 9:00 p.m., Andy wrote:
I've had bad luck with Seagate.  I would rather go with Western Digital.

Andy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2021 5:48 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] 5TB Portable External USB Hard Drive from Seagate
for A cheap Price: What does anyone think?

Hi Group,

I see on Amazon, that Seagate has a 5TB external USB Powered Hard
Drive for the incredibly low price of $104.99 USD. What does anyone
think of this product?

Here is the link to the item on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Portable-External-Hard-Drive/dp/B07VS8QCXC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Western+Digital+4TB+USB+powered+hard+drive&qid=1618014931&s=pc&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyVVpUQ1Y4T09UWVRBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDc3Mjg2OVVBTUFRODIxNlU5JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzMDg2Nzc4VzlUV1JDRUhZUEYmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"