Re: Microphone for Zoom

enes sarıbaş

The  Yetti is a fairly expensive Microphone, but it justifies the price. It is very solidly built, and offers several different recording modes. It has monitor mode that I don't use, but most importantly, you can adjust sensetivity from the microphone, which is better and easier than the windows volume. I just set windows to 100% and change the sensetivity of the microphone from the knob. UIt also has a mute  button, though it isn't a toggle button, so you would probably find it easier to mute with a shortcut.

On 4/10/2021 5:44 AM, Gene wrote:
I don't know how much money you are talking about.  For Zoom, where people often use whatever microphones are in their laptops or not very expensive microphones, there isn't a need to get an expensive microphone.  And as far as buying microphones with no gain or volume controls, your volume can be set and checked while using the test page and this can be done using Windows sound card settings.

I don't know at what price you start getting microphones with volume or gain controls.  If that is at a reasonable price, you may want the convenience of setting volume in that way.  But if you are talking about spending more than something like thirty or forty dollars for a microphone, I'm skeptical that, for use with Zoom, it makes sense to spend more.

I doubt most people use microphones that have volume controls.
Gene
-----Original Message----- From: enes sarıbaş
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2021 4:16 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Microphone for Zoom

Hi, for professional recording, the Blue Yetti is a good mic. Don't buy cheap mics with no gain control or volume.

On 4/9/2021 5:49 PM, Terrilynne Pomeroy wrote:

Hi all,

I am looking for an easy to use microphone for Zoom meetings on my desktop computer. I have a microphone, but it has a toggle button to turn it off and on and I am always fearful that it is on. I don’t want my JAWS transmitting to the meeting so I want to be able to know for sure that the mic is off.

Of course, I would also desire to have good sound being transmitted.

Any ideas?

TerriLynne