Re: 5TB Portable External USB Hard Drive from Seagate for A cheap Price: What does anyone think?

enes sarıbaş

This is interesting. My 5tb drive fell off my small table onto the thick carpet twice, while powered and copying  data. No problems seem to have occured.

On 4/10/2021 8:35 PM, Dave wrote:
I think I bought something like this from Costco for about $135.

The Drive worked fine until is fell off my computer system, to a
carpeted floor.  Roughly about 4 to 5 ft. of a fall.

Ever since the fall, this Storage Drive has not worked, and I had it
about half full of data.

I would not purcase another one of these affordable drives.

On 4/9/2021 6:00 PM, Andy wrote:
I've had bad luck with Seagate.  I would rather go with Western Digital.

Andy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2021 5:48 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] 5TB Portable External USB Hard Drive from Seagate
for A cheap Price: What does anyone think?

Hi Group,

I see on Amazon, that Seagate has a 5TB external USB Powered Hard
Drive for the incredibly low price of $104.99 USD. What does anyone
think of this product?

Here is the link to the item on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Portable-External-Hard-Drive/dp/B07VS8QCXC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Western+Digital+4TB+USB+powered+hard+drive&qid=1618014931&s=pc&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyVVpUQ1Y4T09UWVRBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDc3Mjg2OVVBTUFRODIxNlU5JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzMDg2Nzc4VzlUV1JDRUhZUEYmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"