Re: using mechanical keyboard with NVDA while browsing

Quentin Christensen

Hi Armando,

It shouldn't matter what kind of keyboard you are using, or the blink rate - the blink rate and cursor size only affect how it appears on screen.  The keyboard delay affects when you hold down a key, how long after the initial press it starts registering multiple presses.  EG, If I hold down the letter d, it will type d, then after a moment it will type ddddd etc - the keyboard delay is that "moment" or gap between when the first d is typed and when it starts printing lots of them.

Meanwhile, I can't think of a good reason why the focus is jumping, unless for instance, you have something like control held down, then when you press home or end, instead of jumping to the start or end of the current line of text, it will jump to the start or end of the entire document.  The other thing I thought was maybe if you have a trackpad, could you be bumping that, but that would be more likely if you were using a new laptop, not an external keyboard.

Based on the information, I'm not quite sure what is happening.

Quentin.

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 5:57 AM Armando Maldonado <armando.maldonado0767@...> wrote:
Hello,

I just recently purchased a Redragon k551 mechanical keyboard. Everytime
I am browsing or trying to read/type something, I notice all of a sudden
without me doing anything, it jumps to bottom or random place with
website or document. Is there a way I can control such behavior with the
keyboard? I've gone to control panel and lowered the blinking rate of
cursor and keyboard delay. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

armando

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager