Re: 5TB Portable External USB Hard Drive from Seagate for A cheap Price: What does anyone think?

Robin Frost

Hi,

I agree with Evan I've had Seagate drives for a few years in various capacities both desktop AC powered and pocket drives and they've all served me well.

Obviously anything with moving parts can fail at any point and one can always find anecdotal tales for and against any brand at will so it'd seem.

the good thing about the age in which we live is that drive prices have come down and there are also cloud platforms for having backups in more than one place. I've learned that redundancy is my friend.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Take good care.

Robin

On 4/10/2021 10:12 PM, Evan Reese wrote:
I've had two of the Seagate 2TB portable USB powered drives here for a few years. They've been completely reliable. I would not hesitate to take the Seagate 5TB deal if I were in the market for a drive of that capacity.

Evan

On 4/10/2021 10:02 PM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
I have had many Seagate, and Western Digital drives, and I have not had any problems with either brand.
If you drop a drive the drive platters can collide and damage the platters.
Having said that I have dropped a 1Tb Drive and nothing happened, but I woundn't recommend the drop test.

73 N2DYN Angelo